INTENSIVE MATERNITY PHOTOGRAPHY TWO DAY WORKSHOP - NYC
This 2-day intensive workshop in a small-group setting offers a hands-on learning experience in maternity photography. The workshop will teach you the skills to create beautiful imagery, allowing you to take your business to the next level.
DATE: MAY 2OTH AND 21ST
LOCATION: Lola Melani Studio NYC, NY
TIME: 9 30am - 6pm
NUMBER OF ATTENDEES: Max of 8
- Snacks, refreshments and lunch will be provided
- Hands on shooting with several pregnancy models
- All images you take may be used in your portfolio
- Post processing videos
- Private continued education Facebook group
- Each attendee will receive a complimentary 60 minute Skype call with Lola after the session to help with any questions they might have, hurdles they have come across, image critique or just to chat
LIGHTING: Lola will be using studio lighting (strobe and constant)
WHAT TO BRING:
- DSLR camera
- Participants must be comfortable using their camera in manual mode
- Your favorite lens - 50mm, 24-70mm, or 85mm
- Memory cards, camera charger
- Notepad and pen
- Laptop is not required
This two-day course begins with a presentation demonstrating Lola’s simplistic style in capturing a pregnant form. During this intimate and connective workshop, you will learn how to see the light and use simple studio set ups to create stunning images. Additionally, you will gain the skills needed to maximize each set up with different angles and poses to achieve a variety of images your clients will love. This workshop promises to be an interactive one. Lola is very accessible and happy to answer any questions you may have. You will also have the chance to shoot alongside Lola and apply the concepts learned throughout the course. You will leave that day with not only newly acquired techniques, but also creative new images for your portfolio. The second day will start with an overview of the day before, followed by Lola’s editing workflow. Lola will share her business model, pricing, and marketing strategies as well as SEO and social media tactics. This two-day workshop is not just the ultimate learning experience, it’s a great way to network and be around other like-minded creatives.
During this two-day course Lola will give you guidance on:
- How to create a comfortable and luxurious experience for your client
- Client preparation and studio wardrobe
- Lola’s favorite studio equipment and go-to set-ups
- Camera settings and techniques of getting beautiful images SOOC
- How to create a variety of stunning images by using a simple one light set up
- Silhouettes – high-key and low-key lighting
- Transitional posing
- How to work with fabrics, draping techniques and working with wind
- Editing workflow and how to transform the images into works of art (editing will also be provided on a video for you to download after the workshop)
- Marketing, website direction, and SEO
- Finding your inspiration and developing your own unique style
- Achieving your goals and pursuing your career dream
TUITION / DEPOSIT:
Tuition is $2,000
Deposit: $500 is required to enroll, $1500 is paid 4 weeks before the workshop. The final payment will be invoiced.
If you need to cancel after any payment is made, you will need to sell your seat in order to receive a refund. If you cannot sell your seat, no refund will be offered. Our policy regarding cancellations can be found on our TERMS AND CONDITIONS page. We advise you to read this before you make a booking.
TRAVEL AND LODGING:
Attendees are responsible for their own lodging and travel to and from the workshop. After registering, we will provide recommended accommodations and travel information.
Join Lola and her team for dinner where she extends the conversation from the workshop during a fun and casual evening.